Wednesday, August 4, 2010

S w i n g i n g

Let me introduce you to my favorite place.



I spend a lot of time here, thinking, dreaming, wishing.

What you didn’t know is that it is actually a portal to another world.

Today was just like any other…

I closed my eyes and swung higher, feeling the wind on my face. I was off. Underneath my eyelids, the world was changing. Brown woodchips were replaced with soft, mossy grass. Instead of fences and stucco on all sides–a dense forest. My swing became solitary, in the middle of a small clearing. I could hear the voices of the woodlanders echo in the distance, but coming closer. Bubbling streams nearby greeted my arrival. I slowed, but still swinging gently I opened my eyes.

And saw this.





A moment later I saw this.



And this.



And I felt like this.



Let’s say it wasn’t exactly the best day ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment