Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Ain't That the Truth

Sometimes I wish I were a football player.

I mean, really, my life would be so much easier if all I had to worry about was hitting people, catching balls, and sweating!

See, when you're an All-Star football player, people treat you like a celebrity. The recruiters come to YOU. You've got a coach, a dad, and maybe a personal trainer handling everything for you: when you practice, when you play, which colleges come to see you... You get sponsorships from the local burger joint, girlfriends out of the cheerleaders, and a school-wide fan club.

When you're an All-Star musician, on the other hand, you get none of that pampered stuff. Forget recruitment. Say goodbye to the fan-club. Sponsors? Nope. Coach, boyfriend, admiring colleges and fans? Nope, BIG NOPE, nope, and nope. You get nothing. Good luck scheduling your lessons, accompanist, rehearsals, auditions, practice, schoolwork, and social life all on your own!

I should have asked for shoulder pads for Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment