Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Parading through the Streets

So I wandered about American Fork for several hours this morning… Actually, Orem High’s Jazz Band did American Fork’s Steel Days parade. : ) It was a lot of fun, hanging out in a flatbed with my jazz buddies. Despite the fact that it was BURNING! I had to change everything when I got home, it was so hot! Oh, but some guy gave me a shout-out. “ALTO!!!!!” It was pretty sweet.

When I got home, I was exhausted. I mean, lay-on-the-floor-exhausted. I think it was the heat, but I also had to get up at 6:45 this morning to make it to the parade… not that I got there on time, anyway, we had the wrong address and we couldn’t find my band anywhere, until after about an hour we found t h e c o n e.

My Dad’s quote exactly: “When in doubt, find the cone.”

Speaking of which, I saw a quote I really liked on BYU’s admissions page yesterday.

“Talent hits a target no one else can hit; Genius hits a target no one else can see.” —Arthur Schopenhauer

Until next time.

* * *

No comments:

Post a Comment