Saturday, January 28, 2012

Audition Day



In every person's life there are moments where the events in your life seem to climax, turn one way or another, or launch you into a new and exciting stage of life. Today is one of those days, because today is audition day.

8:45 you will find me knocking at the door of the School of Music, asking permission to go forth and learn about the passion and love of my life, music. I hope to focus my studies there while attending BYU this fall, and while I plan to make music an integral part of the rest of my life, I hope that today is the day I am launched forward in my pursuit of that goal.

Then, later this afternoon I will be at the Summerhays Recital Hall, performing a gorgeous concerto in hopes of being invited to play it live with the Utah Wind Symphony--the ensemble I love and hope to be a part of one day. My musical future depends on these two events, and it's time now for all those dreams and prayers to hold true. This is the moment. Today is the day.

Audition day: the culmination of everything I've worked for and done in music since I was a little girl. All those lessons and hours of practice, all those performances I've worked for, the frustrations, the joys, the laughter, the tears. It all comes together now. I have loved music, the experiences I've had, the people I've met and the journey I've taken. In the larger scheme of things, audition day may be just one step in the grand staircase I have yet to ascend throughout my life. But it is one step I will gladly take with a big dose of passion, a leap of faith, and a teaspoon of luck.

I couldn't be more excited. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment