Monday, April 23, 2012

Confession No. 1

Sometimes I regret never participating in a sport.

Like today when I walked to and from the library, I watched all the baseball games going on in the city park with one corner of my eye. My first thought being, "how can they STAND those uniforms when it's so hot outside!?" it was soon brushed aside as a kind of longing took over. Being on a team must be really fun. And I've never had that... I guess the closest thing I've ever had to a team is the band, or perhaps my childhood dance classes--but something tells me it's not quite the same thing.

You should have seen these baseball kids! The way they were all running and shouting and high-fiving each other with huge smiles on their faces... no matter if they were winning or losing, these kids were just happy to be there, and they really enjoyed doing something with their teammates. The way it seems to me, playing a sport and being on a team is all about learning how to work together, love each other, joy in triumphs and learn to have each other's backs. Though I guess those are all things you don't just get from sports, still sometimes I think about what it would have been like to at least have done soccer or something. Hmmmm.... I'm glad I'm me, though. And the regret isn't huge. But for the record... sometimes I do wish. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment