Thursday, March 15, 2012

My Stand on Politics. . .

. . . is a completely independent one.

Though I consider myself a Republican for many different reasons, I don't pretend to be well-informed, or even very involved, but I still have something to say.

First, I want to point out that the church doesn't support a particular platform or party. They support the gospel, and they support the truth. And so do I. I feel like both Republicans and Democrats have some of the truth, but, like the religions in the time of Joseph Smith, neither political affiliation is entirely correct. There are some issues the Republicans get right, and some issues the Democrats do. There are also issues they agree on, and many issues they both screw up. But I don't dare say one party is better than the other.

I will probably vote for a democrat, at least once in my life.
And I will probably agree with a democratic platform more than a republican platform at least once in my life.
Did I just hear you gasp?

See, politics aren't about being a Republican or a Democrat. They're not about being a liberal or a conservative. Politics are about making the best decisions for our country and for us as its citizens.

So as far as my stand on politics goes, that's the mantra I live by.
Let's do this right, America.
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment