Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Right Now 11/30 2:08 p.m.

I think I'm a little dehydrated. And maybe that's why I'm out of it.

Also, I played the saxophone a little too much today. My mouth feels weathered inside from all that blowing.

I love my practice period, though. It's good for me to not feel pressured to practice, but since I have that time set aside, I practice anyway. I'm getting some good stuff done. :) One thing I really like about chillin' in the band room everyday is that I get to talk with Mr. Summers sometimes. He'll come stand in the doorway and give me tips on my practice/playing, or even work through an element with me. Other times he'll just mention things like the plan for festival in jazz band, or ask me about my all-state auditions. :) He always apologizes for "barging in so much," but I kind of like it. Mr. Summers is pretty much the best band director ever, and he doesn't say anything just for the sake of saying it--all his words have some kind of meaning.

Maybe that's why I like listening to him so much. That, or he's become a sort of father figure to me. A musical father. ;D And actually, that makes sense, because he's the one that's coached and supported and taught me since I was a little sophomore. :D I practically idolize the man! I honestly believe he is a superhero with a secret identity, or something like that. :)

Anyway, I'm sitting in my photo class right now. Today was a really boring day, mostly because the card reader didn't work for me, and so I didn't get my poster assignment done. I mean, I guess I could have done the words and such, but honestly, I'm in that sort of mood where I don't want to make a sound. I feel like opening my mouth would only dry it out more. Not just moisture, but words, expression. I don't know how else to explain it. I suppose writing on a blog is a direct contradiction to that feeling, but it's more like an extension of my thought process than anything else, so perhaps it doesn't count.

Well, the bell's about to ring, meaning it's time to log off. :)
See ya!

1 comment:

  1. Hehe I found Brittneys blog! Just apologising ahead of time for all the random comments you're going to get.. :D

    ReplyDelete