Sunday, December 4, 2011

Alpine Honor Band

This past weekend I participated in the Alpine Honor Band with several of my Orem and Mountain View bandies. One word...

AMAZING!!!!! :)

Seriously, it was such a wonderful experience playing with musicians who were at or above my level! We read so well, and our rehearsals were effectively silent. We got so much done in a very little time. We had a total of 12 hours of rehearsal before performing SEVEN songs in our concert. :) This is CRAZY, considering the fact that to prepare THREE pieces for a typical high school band concert takes about a month and a half. ;) Wow.

I also LOVED our director, Dr. Kirt Saville. He's the "march guy" who came to rehearse OHS once upon a time. :) He is absolutely wonderful! Not only does he have a great sense of humor, but his facial expressions are the BEST!! Not to mention the fact that he's a brilliant musician and only expected the best from us that he could possibly get. Just another reason to go to BYU. :D

Anyway, the concert was a lot of fun! My favorite pieces included Perthshire Majesty and Symphonic Dance No. 3 (Fiesta). However, almost everyone I talked to said that this was their favorite:



(If you want to listen to the rest of our songs, you can click on the link, and the same guy uploaded the rest of them. :))

Beautiful song, amazing band, wonderful experience... There is talk of continuing the band for another concert in May, and I really hope they do it!

Oh, and I have a story to tell you about the kid who sat next to me. It concerns a pencil and a date with a trash can... you'll have to ask me about it sometime. :P

Until then, adios!
;)


No comments:

Post a Comment