Thursday, November 24, 2011

A Little Thought

Holidays are special days. :) Even when you take the word apart: holi-days. Holy days. The words, the day, are special.

I felt all day almost like it was a Sunday. Not because it was the sabbath but because the day was set apart. It had that "feel." You know what I'm talking about. It feels good, it feels sacred or holy.

I felt that today as I celebrated Thanksgiving.

What a wonderful day! A special one--one to enjoy with family and to be grateful for everything you have and that you will be given in your life. It's sad to me that sometimes the media, and maybe even our appetites, try to distort the meaning of Thanksgiving. It's not about the food. It's not about the money, or the day off work. It's not about preparations for door-busting stores on Black Friday. No, Thanksgiving is about family. It's about love. It's about joy and gratitude and remembering all the blessings you have in your life.

I love Thanksgiving--today was a good one. :)
Holiday. Holy day.

Love.
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment