Tuesday, July 19, 2011

People People 101

I envy people who let words flow as freely through them as water does tap. It's something I've never been able to do as long as I've tried (and let me tell you, it's been a long time). But I'm working on it. And I'll get there. Eventually.

Back to people. I love them. So much! It didn't use to be that way, I didn't use to get excited after talking to one of my friends or learning something new about someone. I didn't use to call myself a people person.

But now? I almost can. :)

I guess the change has been in the past few months, where an introduction to proper teenage-hood and growing up subconsciously enrolled me in People People 101. I love it. Every bit of it. I love who I am, I love who I am becoming. And the reason I do is because I'm beginning to love other people.

Remember a few months ago--was it really just one?--where Cambry and I went to a YCL overnighter, went to bed "early" and then stayed up talking for a while? Remember me saying how I don't feel the love for people that Cambry can? Remember me saying I wish I did?

Well, my wish came true. Something about having a best friend as a role model and being provided experiences to grow can shape a girl. And it has definitely shaped me in the past few months.

The result?

I want to get to know people. So bad. I want to call friends on the phone and talk to them, I want to invite someone over and just play. I want to walk up to somebody at school or marching band or wherever and ask them what they're up to. I actually, really, truly want to know. Is that crazy, or is that just me? Where is this coming from? I feel like this feeling is an alien part of me I haven't met, but that's okay. Because wanting to be a people person is a good thing. I am human, after all. It's time I embrace humanity and go for it. Go for making friends. Go for meeting people. Go for calling someone up or inviting them over. Though hesitancy still rules me and those parts of me that hold me back still have control, my mind has begun to discover all that I could be as a friend and person. Perhaps that idea might just gain hold and allow me to act, but for now I'll just watch. And love. And learn. And hopefully become the person I am meant to be. I can see now that I am just starting that journey, and though it's a long one, it's definitely worth it.

[press save]

**************
And now comes the question I ask myself: how did it taste?

I might be starting to like this tap water.

;) *wink wink* ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment