Thursday, January 3, 2013

* * *


I wish there was one word, just one word, that could perfectly describe everything going on. That could encompass every feeling of love or joy or heartbreak that ever occurred. That could sum everything up simply, yet completely, that I could whisper to myself late at night and calm my remaining fears. That I could shout at my whizzing mind that usually keeps busy concocting all sorts of dreams and counter-realities that are all-the-more-favorable to my own, one word to silence all of that. One word to explain all the guilt, all the pain, all the sorrow, all the regret, all the wishing, and all the hoping that somehow never dies. One word to put the rest to rest.

I only wish such a word existed. For if it did, I would never stop saying it. And the breath it would take could make all the ashes from our poor, burnt hearts fly far, far, away to where we could never again see them. We could never again remember. We would never hurt, never fear, never long, and never hope for anything more. We would simply be.


No comments:

Post a Comment