Sunday, June 3, 2012

Right Now 6/3 9:41 p.m.

Who am I?
Sometimes I wonder.

Am I the girl everyone looks up to and aspires to? Who tops the graduating class and just has it all under control?

Or am I the girl who thinks too much and acts too little? Who stresses over little things? Who holds grudges and has nightmares about things that happened months ago?

Maybe I'm her, but what if I'm the girl who lives in fantasy and can't break away from daydreams? Who sings to herself when no one's listening? Who secretly thinks she is pretty and desirable, yet can't quite pin herself down?

At times I suppose I can be all of those girls. But me, Brittney, the person I am really? I don't think I've discovered her yet.

I want to be unique. I want to be genuine. I want to be funny, and happy, and someone people can relate to. I'm tired of people looking at me and seeing the valedictorian, the girl with the 4.0 who takes a million AP classes. I'm tired of people thinking I have superhuman musical abilities or an "I'm cooler than you" sort of attitude. I don't like people seeing me for what I can do and what I've accomplished rather that who I AM and who I'm NOT. My talents don't define me. I just don't know what DOES.

Who am I?
Maybe one day I'll figure it out.

By the way, I found this today.
I think I'm going to hang this on my bedroom wall. 

No comments:

Post a Comment