Monday, February 21, 2011

DBC intro and Day 1

I am a major stalker. Okay, well... technically facebook's the stalker, since it's the one that led me to that person that led me to that blog that linked me to that blog... or, since, I'm controlling the mouse, does that mean I'm the stalker? Either way, I stole this

Daily Blog Challenge

From a friend of a student I don't know at Orem High. Creepy, right? But whatever. I'm bored of not being able to express myself--sometimes thoughts are so stubborn!

Here's how it goes:

Day 1: A picture of youself and a description of the most creative thought you entertained that day.

... okay, so I might've changed it a little. As the criminal, I reserve the right to intentionally desecrate, moderate, or otherwise mutate the objects in question. Of itself, change is not a crime. I will therefore proceed to add some personality into my Daily Blog Challenges. Don't like it? Deal.

Now, here's the sad part... I meant to post this yesterday. But, I believe in repentence! And efficiency! So I will proceed to post DAY 1 in addition to the intro to my new little project.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Day 1: A picture of youself and a description of the most creative thought you entertained that day.

Voila. So pretty. On to the interesting stuff.

I didn't "think" all that much today.... well, comparatively. I usually think a lot more than other people do, which can be a blessing or a curse, depending on the day. But that's not the point. Here's how I lay it down for today:

As I was running home from Young Womens, I passed a group of Young Men and their leaders returning to the church. As we approached each other, one of the leaders to the time to say, "Hi, Brittney." I suddenly felt flooded with happiness. Excitement, almost. Someone called me by name.

I know, I know. Silly thing to get excited about, but think about it! I have a name, and people know it. As if that's not cool enough (remember: there is beauty in simplicity), attached to that name is a person.

ME.

Along with all my other quirks, flaws, talents, abilities, strengths, shortcomings, and sarcastic attitudes. The name is mine, and on that topic: Juliet is wrong.

What's in a name? is the famous phrase. Enough with the roses, in a name lies a person. You, or me, or him, or her. A living, breathing soul with a living, breathing name. Here Juliet goes wrong, in that by any other name, that person would not be himself. A name reflects you, represents you, then becomes you. You are the name. She is Jann. He is Bradley. I am Brittney. And though another rose could smell sweeter, no other name could as accurately represent the person I am, have been, and will become.

Anyone else feel the urge to climb a tree and shout their name for joy? I do.

If any one thought was worth my notice today, it would be that I am Brittney!

* * * * * * * * * * * *

P.S. We did this poem thing in English, where we cut out a whole bunch of "poetic words." As a class, we didn't really know what to do, but I had a blast cutting apart magazines, gathering some 100 or so words (!). Today we finally used them in a poem. Mine went something like this:

This madness staring, captures
my memories and sets them ablaze.

what prestige, to journey into
silence.

A new dynamic
sounds, and I discover
Grace:
a rhapsody of flavor and color
as I awaken from a blazing
revolution.

I don't know. I kind of liked it. Enough to post it, that is. But I wouldn't recommend trying to think about it. It's one of those, this-sounds-deep-but-really-doesn't-mean-anything-poems. Whatever. Wrote it in five minutes (thank you self! The plethora of words to choose from helped greatly). Anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment