Wednesday, December 19, 2012

The Problem With Doing Nothing


I don't enjoy doing nothing. But I don't remember how much I don't enjoy doing nothing until I do nothing and realize that there will never be enough of nothing done. And the reason is, there is an infinite amount of nothings in the universe to do, and so when you do nothing, you do nothing because there are simply too many nothings to do. And this doing nothing fills you with nothing and so you find yourself at 3:04 pm having done nothing and wondering why you feel filled with so much nothingness.

I then ask myself the question, "why on Earth did I decide to do nothing in the first place?"
And the answer is, because I thought that doing nothing would be doing something. And once I did all the nothings I could move on to the somethings, but that just hits on the whole problem with doing nothing: Nothing is never something. And if you want to feel good, you gotta do something.

So here goes something. (stay tuned)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote of the day:
"He's a teenage boy. It's in his job description to do crazy, epic, insane things on a daily basis." ~ Me after Bradley ran through the snow barefoot to retrieve the borrowed wax paper from neighbors and mom freaked out.

No comments:

Post a Comment