Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Tears Are Good for the Soul

I believe tears are the essence of all the impurity within my soul. They represent the bitterness, the anger, the stress, the anxiety, the doubt, the self-pity, the sorrow, and the weakness. And with each tear I shed, my soul becomes a little emptier.

But this emptiness then makes room for me to fill the extra space with the things that make me stronger:
Family. Love. The gospel. Hope. Peace. Confidence. Encouragement. The will to try. The will to succeed. Endurance. Patience. Peace. Understanding. Acceptance.

The only challenge is when, in the moment after tears are shed, deciding to act and fill the space with good things instead of putting all the weakness back inside. It's a little scary to think that all the good the tears did for you can be undone with just one thought or one failure to act. Which is why today I decided something:

Thinking doesn't make it any better, 
Doing does.


No comments:

Post a Comment