Monday, August 20, 2012

Giggin' Gal

Randal Clark, Mark Robinette, Howard Summers, and myself at the USANA conference August 18th

So I got offered my first legitamate gig a couple weeks ago!
(*Gig: musician lingo for "you play, you get money").
It's kind of a big deal... So of course I was like, "heck yeah!"

So last Saturday I carpooled up to the Energy Solutions Arena with Mr. Summers and the Jordan-High-Guy, Randal. We showed up, rehearsed, got mics and sound packs (I felt like a superstar with those things clipped on to the back of my pants. And let me tell ya, I was rockin' that Hannah Montana style there for a second.), and then pranced around the stage while playing one short song. Can I just say, SCORE!

In addition to the thrill of feeling like a professional, it was a cool first experience because we basically got paid 300 bucks to............

  • Test drive Mustangs and Scion FR-S's
  • Walk around City Creek Center mall and visit Deseret Book (which was, believably, awkward with two grown men)
  • Eat McDonalds fruit parfaits
  • Play on stage with David Osmond at the USANA convention.

In short... It rocked.
And I am now, officially, a Giggin' Gal. :)

4 comments:

  1. Congrats :) Thanks for following my blog. I look forward to reading more about you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness. I think David Osmand is awesome! You are super lucky. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh. This is Cambry, by the way. I'm unknown in the last comment.

    ReplyDelete