Friday, June 24, 2011

Today We Got Lost

But the experience was still amazing!! :)

Cambry and I went to the Provo temple this morning. I drove, and, well, we got LOST. We roamed about residential areas, BYU campus, and who-knows-where until finally we made it after 40 minutes of driving. We were SO close SO many times, but... wow.

It turned out to be a good thing, though. We went to the temple last week with our guy friends, but it felt like I hadn't been there in a long time. I am so incredibly glad and grateful we're doing temple trips every week in the summer. I need the temple more than I realize, and it definitely strengthens me every time I go. I just... feel good afterwards. Clean. :) I love that feeling.

Anyway, because I haven't really done this yet, I'll also give a little update on life and politics:

School got out on June 3rd, with graduation. I am so incredibly excited to be a senior this next year, because it will be a party!!! :) I will miss the seniors much-ly, but I guess life has to take its course. You know.

I didn't really have a "break" for summer once school let out. It didn't feel any different, because the transition from the last-week-of-school slack to the marching band schedule wasn't weird at all. Marching band is actually really fun. I do admit, I'm glad I only did it my senior year, but for what it's worth I'm enjoying it. Being a section leader is fun and sometimes rewarding, and I also enjoy the marching (sometimes) and also the incredible music. :) Show season will be a LOT of time, but it will also be a blast.

As for other summer activities... I went to Youth Conference last week, and it was a great experience. I helped plan it with the Stake Youth Council, which was cool. We went up to Heber Valley Girls' Camp with the theme of the QUEST (for anything virtuous, lovely, of good report, or praiseworthy). We did some Zumba (SO FUN!!!), some flag-making with our team, a kereoke dance (which was entertaining and also very fun), and then the QUEST. The speakers were amazing, and I learned a lot from them. I got to hang out with Cambry, Sabrina, Scott, and a few others, and... haha... good times. Lots of memories. :) The penguin shuffle (we were cold), brownies ("she needs her chocolate,") and yeah. It was a blast.

We got home, and I went on a triple date, and guess who was there, too?!! SABRINA!!!! My bestest friend ever finally turned sixteen!!! Oh boy I'm so excited. :) Life is good.

Anyway I think that's about it. I'll be going to EFY in a week or so, here, then Girls Camp is at the end of July. MB is still going on, and I'm working on a saxophone concerto to audition for the Utah Symphony Salute to Youth. I also bought some sheet music the other day to THIS brilliant Pirates medley: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzGgX1DihPw&feature=mfu_in_order&list=ULL

And basically, I guess the moral of the story is that.... LIFE IS GOOD. The temple is good. Summer is great, and guess what we figured out today?

"You can't get to the temple without BOYS!!!" --Cambry

Hahaha great times. Anyway.
I'm out. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment